46 Facts About Gluten You Need to Know
Alright, I can hear you saying – “46 facts about gluten! Come on Dr. Osborne. There is no way that all of this can be true! My doctor never talked about any of these things!” Part of the reason this information is not main stream is because most clinical doctors don’t go this deep. It is the researchers that help us understand this stuff. And so I went to the research. I don’t want you to go another day without having this information, because frankly, it could save your life… it could also save the life of someone you love. That is exactly why I put in the research links for you to follow. So if you are a gluten skeptic, or, if you on a science nerd and need to see the research, feel free to follow the links in the list below the video to learn more.
==>>Take the Quiz Here <<==
- Everyone with celiac disease is gluten sensitive, but not everyone with gluten sensitivity will develop celiac disease – NON Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- There are over 200 medical conditions that gluten can either cause, contribute to, or make worse.
- Gluten can cause autoimmune disease
- Gluten can cause leaky gut
- Gluten is a common cause of unexplained iron deficiency anemia
- Gluten can cause of vitamin B12 deficiency
- There is a form of gluten in corn that can cause inflammatory damage
- There is no such thing as a gluten free oat
- Excessive gluten consumption can cause both excessive weight gain or loss
- Lab tests for celiac disease aren’t specific and have a tendency to deliver false negatives
- Villous atrophy, the hallmark symptoms of celiac disease can be caused by corn, soy, dairy, viral, and parasite infections.
- Eating processed “gluten free’ food products is a bad idea
- Some medications have been shown to mimic gluten sensitivity
- Gluten can cause asthma symptoms
- Vitamin C can help heal inflammatory damage caused by gluten.
- Gluten can cause dizziness and loss of balance (Ataxia)
- Gluten can cause seizures
- Gluten is a migraine headache trigger
- Gluten can contribute to testosterone problems in men.
- Gluten can cause thyroid disease
- Gluten can cause nerve pain and neuropathy
- Gluten can cause 6 types of skin disease
- Gluten can be a trigger in autoimmune arthritis
- Gluten can cause damage in doses as low as 20 ppm (1 breadcrumb)
- Gluten sensitivity is completely different from a wheat allergy
- Gluten can cause liver damage
- Gluten can cause your gallbladder to malfunction
- Casein, a protein in dairy, can mimic gluten
- There are hundreds of different kinds of gluten proteins found in grains
- Sometimes gluten gets blamed for health problems that are caused by exposure to pesticides
- Sometimes gluten gets blamed for health problems caused by other proteins found in grain.
- Children with learning disorders often respond well to a gluten free diet
- Processed food can be cross contaminated with gluten up to 41% of the time.
- As many as 92% of the people following a gluten free diet continue to have health problems because of cross contamination, processed food, and consumption of corn, rice, sorghum and other grains.
- Gluten can be found in braces and orthodontic materials
- It can take 3 years to fully recover from gluten induced disease.
- Gluten free on the label doesn’t make the food healthy.
- The best way to lab test for gluten sensitivity is with DNA Testing
- Most doctors are as in the dark about gluten because the learning focus in medical school is nutrition deprived
- Gluten can cause joint pain
- Gluten can cause IBS
- The gluten free diet is not dangerous to follow if you don’t have gluten sensitivity
- Gluten in cosmetics and skin products can cause health problems
- Rice is a bad gluten free substitute because it contains toxic heavy metals
- Quinoa is a bad gluten substitute because it contains gluten mimicking proteins.
- You can take a quick and easy quiz to help you determine whether going gluten free is a good idea for you. Just click here <<===
This list could keep going on and on. The only reason I stopped at 46 Facts About Gluten is because I am getting ready to celebrate my 46th birthday!
Always looking out for you,
Dr. Osborne – The Gluten Free Warrior
The links in this post are extremely valuable and may help someone you Love. Please don’t be stingy and share the knowledge by passing this post along. And if you have experienced any of the above as a result of gluten, please share in the comments below. Your story has power to help others heal!
6 thoughts on “46 Facts About Gluten”
Is the only reason for not eating rice because it can contain toxic heavy metals?
No. It is just one of many. You should read No Grain No Pain.
All the best,
Happy Birthday, Dr. Osborne! Thank you always for your extensive information, the science behind it, and your clear, concise explanations! So appreciated!
Happy BD Dr O.
I’m gluten sensitive. I’ve been on a gluten free diet for 5 months now and I’ve noticed an improvement. However, I still suffer from dizziness and problems with gait. I’m trying to be patient, but wonder how long I’ll be suffering as I’m completely gluten free.
I don’t eat any tipe of grains or drink instant coffee thanks for this information thank God I had no idea about the coffee I’m having lots of problems with sibo training to be patient but it’s not going very stubborn thanks for your great work