One of the more common questions I get asked by people is – “Does following a gluten free diet cause nutritional problems even if you are not gluten sensitive?” Many have been told by their doctors that unless you have celiac disease, a gluten free diet can be dangerous to their nutritional health. Nothing could be further from the truth. Watch this short video to learn the reasons why…
This video is a segment from The Gluten Free LIE. To watch the entire video, click here <==
The Gluten Free Diet is Not a Nutritional Hazard
The opposite argument could actually be made – i.e. gluten containing diets are dangerous to everyone. If your doctor has told you that whole grain is essential to maintain good health, remember the following 6 facts…
- Grains are seeds and by default are difficult to digest.
- Grain free diets are not devoid of essential vitamins and minerals, and to the contrary grains contain anti-nutrients that can hinder mineral absorption.
- Most grain products are genetically altered, have added preservatives, chemicals, pesticides, and other non-food additives
- Grain products are very high in sugar and can promote weight gain.
- Grains contain a number of lectin compounds that can interfere with your ability to digest foods in general
- Grains create an imbalance in health omega fatty acids and contribute to inflammation.
If you want to add to the list, leave your comments below.
Always looking out for you,
Dr. Osborne – The Gluten Free Warrior