44 Gluten Facts That Doctors Should Know About… But Usually Don’t
- Everyone with celiac disease is gluten sensitive, but not everyone with gluten sensitivity will develop celiac disease
- There are over 200 medical conditions that gluten can either cause, contribute to, or make worse.
- Gluten can cause autoimmune disease
- Gluten can cause leaky gut
- Gluten is a common cause of unexplained iron deficiency anemia
- Gluten is a common cause of vitamin B12 deficiency
- There is a form of gluten in corn that can cause inflammatory damage
- There is no such thing as a gluten free oat
- Excessive gluten consumption can cause both excessive weight gain or loss
- Lab tests for celiac disease aren’t specific and have a tendency to deliver false negatives
- Villous atrophy can also be caused by corn, soy, dairy, and parasite infections.
- Eating processed “gluten free’ food products is a bad idea
- Some medications have been shown to mimic gluten sensitivity
- Gluten can cause asthma symptoms
- Vitamin C can help heal inflammatory damage caused by gluten.
- Gluten can cause dizziness and loss of balance (Ataxia)
- Gluten can cause seizures
- Gluten is a migraine headache trigger
- Gluten can contribute to testosterone problems in men.
- Gluten can cause thyroid disease
- Gluten can cause nerve pain and neuropathy
- Gluten can cause 6 types of skin disease
- Gluten can be a trigger in autoimmune arthritis
- Gluten can cause damage in doses as low as 20 ppm (1 breadcrumb)
- Gluten sensitivity is completely different from a wheat allergy
- Gluten can cause liver damage
- Gluten can cause your gallbladder to malfunction
- Casein, a protein in dairy, can mimic gluten
- There are hundreds of different kinds of gluten proteins found in grains
- Sometimes gluten gets blamed for health problems that are caused by exposure to pesticides
- Sometimes gluten gets blamed for health problems caused by other proteins found in grain.
- Children with learning disorders often respond well to a gluten free diet
- Processed food can be cross contaminated with gluten up to 41% of the time.
- As many as 92% of the people following a gluten free diet continue to have health problems because of cross contamination, processed food, and consumption of corn, rice, sorghum and other grains.
- Gluten can be found in orthodontic materials
- It can take 3 years to fully recover from gluten induced disease.
- Gluten free on the label doesn’t make the food healthy.
- The best way to lab test for gluten sensitivity issues is measuring DNA
- Most doctors are as in the dark about gluten as the average person because the focus in medical school is nutrition deprived
- Gluten can cause joint pain
- Gluten can cause IBS
- The gluten free diet is not dangerous to follow if you don’t have gluten sensitivity
- Gluten in cosmetics and skin products can cause health problems
- You can take a quick and easy quiz to help you determine whether going gluten free is a good idea for you. Just click here <<===
Now this list could keep going on and on, but I stop at 44 because it is my 44th birthday!
Always looking out for you,
Dr. Osborne – The Gluten Free Warrior
The links in this post are extremely valuable and may help someone you Love. Please don’t be stingy and share the knowledge by passing this post along. Oh yeah, check out the new Gluten Free Warrioress graphic. This one is dedicated to all of the super strong women who battle gluten every day 🙂