Using Ayurveda to Re-balance a Gluten Damaged Gut
In this episode of the Dr. Osborne Podcast, we bring you Ayurveda expert, John Immel. John is the founder of Joyful Belly, an extensive educational Ayurvedic website and digestive care clinic. Drawing on years of research and clinical experience specializing in digestive disorders, John teaches Ayurvedic Practitioners, yoga teachers and other health and wellness professionals advanced holistic digestive care through his “Master of Ayurvedic Digestion & Nutrition” 500 hour certification program. John holds a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Harvard University. He first discovered Ayurveda while working on a public health project in Bangladesh. John’s interest in Ayurveda and digestive tract pathology was inspired by a complex digestive disorder acquired from years of international travel.
What You Will Learn in This Podcast – Using Ayurveda to Improve Digestion:
- Ayurveda means “the science of life”. It is a 5,000 year old practice based on the principal that “you can’t take your doctor home with you”.
- Foods that are easy to digest
- Foods that are anti inflammatory
- Promote bowel movements
- “Cooling” digestive foods
- What Demulcent foods are
- Anti-microbials to oppose bacteria fermentation, toxins, and gas production.
- Herbal help to facilitate the gut lining (Amalaki)
- Stretching, breathing, and movement to improve your digestion and circulation
- How to question and interpret your digestive experience of foods.
- The 6 taste qualities of food and their importance – Sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter, and astringent
- Why the liver is a crucial organ for proper digestive recovery and health.
- Why Bread is considered “fools gold”
- What foods help to flush, cleanse, and strengthen the liver
- What foods help to strengthen the liver
Learn More About Ayurveda to Improve Your Relationship with Food
If you want to learn more about using Ayurveda to improve digestion and to help your gut recover from years of gluten induced damage, check out John’s Beginner’s Guide to Ayurveda Class here <<==
You can also learn your DOSHA or Ayurvedic body type here <<<