In recent years, the popularity of the gluten free diet is definitely on the rise. One of the reasons why it works so well for so many is because so many are gluten sensitive, but are there other reasons why going on a TRUE gluten free diet can be so helpful? The following is a list of additional reasons why a gluten free diet can be beneficial:
- A TRUE gluten free diet eliminates all grains and therefor eliminates a bulk of genetically hybridized and modifed forms of food from the diet.
- Eliminating gluten/grain reduces the dietary exposure to toxic fungicides, herbicides, and pesticides. Many of these chemicals are known to contribute to autoimmune disease and hormone disruption.
- Eliminating gluten/grain improves the omega 3 to omega 6 balance in the body – this balance regulates the process of inflammation and has a profound effect on joint and muscle pain.
- Eliminating gluten/grain reduces the quantity of digestive resistant lectins. Many of these food compounds hinder digestion and contribute to inflammatory reactions in the body.
- Eliminates multiple chemical additives. Most grain products contain a laundry list of ingredients that are not suitable for human health.
- Eliminates excessive carbohydrate consumption. The human body is not designed to run on a high carbohydrate diet. One of the major reasons we see obesity and diabetes increasing in epic fashion in the hyper consumption of grain based carbohydrate foods. Despite popular belief, excessive grain consumption will not reduce your risk of heart disease.
Aside from the above reasons, we have a whole new problem emerging.
Genetic Engineering – Not as Safe as You Might Think…
When watching this video, skip ahead to minute 30. Give yourself enough time to watch it all the way through, make you family watch it as well. If you don’t help stop this nightmare, no food will be safe for consumption.
Why do we assume that grain is such a healthy food?
The Food Guide Pyramid recommends large quantities of grain as a staple food in the diet. Why? Did you know that the U.S. Government mandated that processed grain products be fortified with vitamins and minerals in 1943? The reason? Processed grains caused nutritional diseases like Beri Beri and Pellagra (vitamin B1 and B3 deficiency respectively).
Detrimental Qualities of Grain (Including Whole Grain)
- The seeds are doused with chemical hormones and pesticides like atrazine to aid in growth. These chemicals mimic estrogen and cause hormone disruption in both men and women.
- Low in the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA (omega 3)
- Poor source of complete protein
- Contain enzyme inhibitors
- Contains addictive proteins that can alter behavior, mood, and contribute to mental dysfunction
- Contain anti nutrients that cause malabsorption of minerals
- Contain autoimmune inducing peptides and lectins
- Cause sodium and water retention
- Cause excessive insulin response leading to weight gain and diabetes.
But Our Children Eat Grain –
- Breakfast = cereal, donuts, bagels, cereal bars, tortillas, toast, kolaches, etc.
- Lunch = Sandwich and whole grain crackers
- Dinner = Pasta, pizza, breaded chicken fingers, hamburgers, etc
- Snacks = Goldfish, whole grain crackers, drinks and fruit snacks loaded with corn syrup (yes, corn is a grain – not a vegetable).
Our children are fatter and sicker than they have ever been. According to statistics and recent published studies, half of kids today are overweight.
What Can You Do?
- Get educated and make healthy diet changes for your children before it’s too late.
- Watch this video on how gluten affects children now.
- Post your comments to facebook below so that other people can learn from your story.
In good health,