New Way to Make ChickenThis recipe was presented at the Gluten Free LIE meeting. It is a great dish for those looking for a different way to prepare the US classic – Chicken. Make sure your bird is free range organic. This recipe works well for those trying to prepare for multiple meals in one cooking session. Use the 2 bird option for this.
- 1-2 pastured chickens
- Olive Oil
- Himalayan Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Shallots or Onions
- Large Crock Pot
- Wash your chicken.
- Rub chicken down all over and inside too with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken all over with salt, pepper, sage and Italian Seasoning or whatever seasoning you like best.
- Cut up an onion or two and add to the crock pot with the chicken.
- Add about 2 cups water. 1 cup if you only cooking one chicken. Put the lid on and cook on high for about 3 hours.
- Remove chicken too cool.
- When chicken is cool, use 2 forks. One to hold the chicken and the other to pull chicken from the bone, shredding it as you work.
- Add the pulled chicken back to the crock pot to cook on low in the broth for about 30 minutes. Turn crock pot off and allow to cool.
- Remove chicken from both with a slotted ladle. Your pulled chicken is now ready to serve.