New Way to Make Chicken
This recipe was presented at the Gluten Free LIE meeting. It is a great dish for those looking for a different way to prepare the US classic – Chicken. Make sure your bird is free range organic. This recipe works well for those trying to prepare for multiple meals in one cooking session. Use the 2 bird option for this.
- 1-2 pastured chickens
- Olive Oil
- Himalayan Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Shallots or Onions
- Large Crock Pot
- Wash your chicken.
- Rub chicken down all over and inside too with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken all over with salt, pepper, sage and Italian Seasoning or whatever seasoning you like best.
- Cut up an onion or two and add to the crock pot with the chicken.
- Add about 2 cups water. 1 cup if you only cooking one chicken. Put the lid on and cook on high for about 3 hours.
- Remove chicken too cool.
- When chicken is cool, use 2 forks. One to hold the chicken and the other to pull chicken from the bone, shredding it as you work.
- Add the pulled chicken back to the crock pot to cook on low in the broth for about 30 minutes. Turn crock pot off and allow to cool.
- Remove chicken from both with a slotted ladle. Your pulled chicken is now ready to serve.
Need More TRUE Gluten Free Recipe Ideas?
Click here to check out 173 gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free recipe ideas.
You can also sign up for our free email newsletter below or follow our recipes on youtube…