What is Gluten Whiplash?Gluten whiplash is a clinical phenomena that I have observed over and over again where a patient starts to develop disease symptoms after being gluten free for several months. The typical case coincides with the liberal use of processed “gluten free” products. For detailed information on this, watch this video now.
Gluten Free Diets Are Failing to Adequately Heal PatientsCertainly the increased availability of processed traditional gluten free foods has helped spread awareness on this very important topic. However; it has created a secondary problem. People going gluten free who use a large amount of these processed foods are not healing. Several studies have been done to confirm this. One can speculate as to why. I have given you examples and reasons above.
Let’s take a look at why:
- Processed and packaged food is not healthy. One cannot expect to achieve or maintain good health eating unhealthy foods (I know, this should be a no brainer).
- Many over the counter packaged foods contain cross contamination of gluten
- Many “gluten free” products contain other types of grain based glutens that have been shown to cause similar damage in those with gluten sensitivity (learn more about this here).
- Most processed “gluten free” products contain genetically modified grains that have been shown to be detrimental
- Processed “gluten free foods contain high amounts of sugar, preservatives, chemicals, and are devoid of any significant nutritional value.