How the Gluten Free Society was Born
Dr. Peter Osborne is a doctor of chiropractic, doctor of pastoral science, an expert in functional nutrition, and is Board Certified with The American Clinical Board of Nutrition.
Often times referred to as “The Gluten Free Warrior”, he is one of the most sought after alternative and nutritional experts in the world. His private nutritional practice is centered on helping nutritionally support those with painful chronic degenerative and autoimmune problems using natural methods. He is one of the world’s leading authorities on gluten sensitivity, and lectures nationally to both the public as well as doctors on this and many other nutritionally related topics. He is the founder Gluten Free Society, the author of The Gluten Free Health Solution and The Glutenology Health Matrix, a series of digital videos and ebooks designed to help educate the world about gluten. In addition, he is the author of the international best selling book, No Grain No Pain, published by Touchstone (Simon & Schuster). He is also the founder and host of The Autoimmune Revolution – an online educational series featuring more than 40 of the world’s leading experts on autoimmune disease.
Dr. Osborne has served as the executive director and the vice president for the American Clinical Board of Nutrition. He is on the advisory board for Functional Medicine University.
He has been featured in or on Netflix, Fox News, CBS, PBS, The New York Post, Muscle & Fitness Hers, Celiac.com, The Gluten Summit, Radio MD, The People’s Pharmacy Radio, The Journal of Gluten Sensitivity, and many other nationally recognized publications.
Many Doctors don’t Understand Gluten Sensitivity
Gluten Sensitivity and Gluten intolerance simply aren’t understood by many doctors, even ones in alternative medicine fields. It’s not their fault. It’s a relatively new subject that is still being studied. Much of the recent research in this field is unknown by many medical practitioners, and not much emphasis is placed on gluten related diseases in medical curriculum.
Early in his career, Dr. Osborne was fortunate enough to find out about gluten sensitivity, while helping a young girl who was given a terminal diagnosis. Ginger was 9 years old when her mother sought out Dr. Osborne’s professional help. She had been diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and was told that she only had 6 months to live. It was determined that her disease was actually triggered by gluten, and after going gluten free, Ginger made a full recovery from her illness. Ginger’s health transformation is one of the reasons that Dr. Osborne founded Gluten Free Society. Millions of people are suffering with gluten induced autoimmune illnesses, and have no idea that a simple diet change could potentially save their life.
Educating More People about the TRUE Gluten Free Lifestyle
Please take advantage of all the articles and videos contained on this site. Many of them can be found in the video archives or on the Gluten Free Society Blog. Watch and read them, and use this information to educate yourself so that you can improve your health.
Whether you’re only experiencing symptoms, or have actually been diagnosed with a chronic disease, if it’s gluten-related, there is hope and help for you here.
Goals of The Gluten Free Society:
- Educating the world about the broad reaching nature of gluten on human health and disease.
- Providing easy to use, non-invasive tools to help identify people who are gluten sensitive
- Providing instruction through video, audio, and written tutorials for those embarking on a TRUE gluten free lifestyle.
- Providing healthy resources for those with gluten intolerance/sensitivity.
- Supporting research endeavors revolving around grains, gluten, lectins, and other compounds found in grain that may harm human health.
- Providing an ongoing analysis and commentary of research performed in the field of food sensitivity/intolerance.
By joining Gluten Free Society you show that not only are you committed to the Gluten Free Lifestyle, but you are also committed to a cause greater than yourself. Together, in the form of a member organization, we can touch the lives of millions with our celiac and gluten intolerance resources and information.
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GLUTEN FREE SOCIETY
Joining now will give you immediate access to all the resources in the member’s only section. To become a member, click on the secure “join now” link below.
If I Become a Member of The Gluten Free Society, what’s in it for me?
- An interactive forum where you can communicate with others living the gluten free lifestyle (no nasty behavior tolerated)
- Access to our searchable resource library containing medically-oriented articles on gluten sensitivity
- Special physician and expert interviews on gluten intolerance and other health-related topics
- Access to our extensive video tutorial library on the TRUE Gluten Free Diet.
- Regularly scheduled online seminars on special health topics that your family doctor will never teach you.
- Special discounts on genetic testing for gluten sensitivity
- An ongoing blog posting up to date information on gluten
- Healthy food source links and continuous investigations into foods labeled gluten free
- Shared success stories of those going gluten free (see a few samples here)
- An online social community who shares your interests and goals
- An ongoing recipe database with True Gluten Free foods and more…
Always Looking Out for You,
Dr. Peter Osborne