How the Gluten Free Society was Born
Dr. Peter Osborne is the clinical director of Origins Health Care in Sugar Land, Texas. He is a doctor of chiropractic, doctor of functional medicine, doctor of pastoral science, and a Board Certified Clinical Nutritionist.
Often times referred to as “The Gluten Free Warrior”, he is one of the most sought after functional medicine doctors in the world. His practice is centered on helping those with painful chronic degenerative and autoimmune diseases with a primary focus on gluten sensitivity and food allergies. Dr. Osborne received his doctorate from Texas Chiropractic College. He is one of the world’s leading authorities on gluten sensitivity, and lectures nationally to both the public as well as doctors on this and many other nutritionally related topics. He is the founder Gluten Free Society, the author of The Gluten Free Health Solution and Glutenology, a series of digital videos and ebooks designed to help educate the world about gluten. In addition, he is the author of No Grain No Pain published by Touchstone (Simon & Schuster)
Dr. Osborne has served as the executive director and the vice president for the American Clinical Board of Nutrition. He is on the advisory board for Functional Medicine University.
He has been featured on Fox News, CBS, Celiac.com, The Gluten Summit, Radio MD, The People’s Pharmacy Radio, Reuters, and many other major media outlets.
Chronic Health Problems Unsolved by Traditional Medicine
If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you or a loved one has health problems traditional medicine hasn’t solved. Or you are a health practitioner who wants to learn more about Gluten-induced illness. If you are a patient, you may have visited many doctors. And I’m sure most of them were very conscientious about wanting to help. They offered all kinds of solutions – drugs, testing, exercise, nutrition, maybe even surgery. Perhaps they put you on a Gluten-Free diet and it didn’t work. Or it seemed to work for a little while, and then stopped working.
Every day, people come to Origins Healthcare with long-term illnesses that no doctor has been able to help them with. Some of these patients have even tried non-traditional healing methods like Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture and/or Acupressure, Massage, Radical food diets, and many, many more. Some of the healing methods helped – some didn’t – but the person in front of me hasn’t healed and is looking at me asking for my help. So I help them, one at a time.
Many Doctors don’t Understand Gluten Sensitivity
Gluten Sensitivity simply isn’t understood by many doctors, even ones in alternative medicine fields. It’s not their fault. It’s a relatively new subject that is still being studied, and much of the recent research is unknown to medical practitioners.. Early in my career, I was fortunate enough to find out about gluten sensitivity, and since then, I have made it my life’s work to understand this subject. I now have many years of experience helping people overcome gluten-induced illnesses, and I want to share my knowledge with as many people as I can.
Educating More People about the TRUE Gluten Free Lifestyle
Because I am just one person, I can only help so many people in one day. It’s very rewarding when I can bring individuals the relief and solutions they’ve been looking for for so long. But one person at a time just isn’t enough. That’s why I created the Gluten Free Society, so I can get this important health information out to as many people as possible.
Please take advantage of all the articles and videos contained on this site. Many of them can be found on the Gluten Free Society Blog. Read them and use this information to improve your condition. Don’t wait for your illness to turn into a full blown disease, like Celiac or an Auto-Immune Disorder, which is what it takes for many doctors to recognize the severity of your situation.
Whether you’re only experiencing symptoms, or have actually been diagnosed with a chronic disease, if it’s gluten-related, then there is hope and help for you here.
Goals of The Gluten Free Society:
- Educating the world about the broad reaching nature of gluten on human health and disease.
- Providing easy to use, non-invasive tools to help identify people who are gluten sensitive
- Providing instruction through video, audio, and written tutorials for those embarking on a TRUE gluten free lifestyle.
- Providing healthy resources for those with gluten intolerance/sensitivity.
- Supporting research endeavors revolving around grains, gluten, lectins, and other compounds found in grain that may harm human health.
- Providing an ongoing analysis and commentary of research performed in the field of food sensitivity/intolerance.
By joining Gluten Free Society you show that not only are you committed to the Gluten Free Lifestyle, but you are also committed to a cause greater than yourself. Together, in the form of a member organization, we can touch the lives of millions.
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GLUTEN FREE SOCIETY
Joining now will give you immediate access to all the resources in the member’s only section. To become a member, click on the secure “join now” link below.
If I Become a Member of The Gluten Free Society, what’s in it for me?
- An interactive forum where you can communicate with others living the gluten free lifestyle (no nasty behavior tolerated – our forum is moderated by our expert contributors & physicians)
- Access to our searchable resource library containing medically-oriented articles on gluten sensitivity
- Special physician and expert interviews on gluten intolerance and other health-related topics
- Access to our extensive video tutorial library on going TRUE Gluten Free
- Regularly scheduled online seminars on special health topics that your family doctor will never teach you.
- Special discounts on genetic testing for gluten sensitivity
- An ongoing blog posting up to date information on gluten
- Gluten Free TV – featuring a test kitchen and independent product testing for cross contamination.
- Healthy food source links and continuous investigations into foods labeled gluten free
- Shared success stories of those going gluten free (see a few samples here)
- An online social community who shares your interests and goals
- An ongoing recipe database with True Gluten Free foods and more…
Peruse the site to learn more about the effects of gluten for those with Gluten Sensitivity. We hope to see you soon as the newest Gluten Free Warrior in our forums over at the Members Section of Gluten Free Society. Find out more about the Gluten Free Society and symptoms of Gluten Sensitivity
Always Looking Out for You,
Dr. Peter Osborne