Best Gluten Free CookieThis recipe is one of my absolute favorites. These cookies remind me of the Keebler fudge stripe variety I had as a kid – only they’re better! My friend Diana Keuilian just published her Cookbook, The Recipe Hacker. These delicious gluten, grain, dairy, soy, free cookies are awesome. The recipe is below:
Chocolate Coconut CookiesFor the Cookies:
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup dark chocolate 73% cocoa or higher
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the shredded coconut, almond flour and sea salt. In another medium bowl combine ½ cup melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and beaten eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix.
- Form round, golf-ball sized, balls with the cookie dough. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for 20 minutes then place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Simply place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and place that into a larger saucepan that has a couple of inches of water over medium heat. Mix constantly until smooth.
- Dip the chilled cookies in the melted, dark chocolate, then place on a parchment lined plate. Drizzle dark chocolate across the tops of the cookies. Place back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens — about 15 minutes. Enjoy!