Genetic Lab Testing For Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac Markers Now Available Without a Doctors Visit.
- The lab testing kit for gluten sensitivity is mailed to your home
- No Needles or blood draws (cheek swabs)
- Confidentiality from your insurance company
- Test results emailed promptly with either a positive or negative answer
- Family discounts are available on 2 or more test kits
Read our FAQ below…
- DO I GET FAMILY DISCOUNT? IF SO HOW MUCH? – Yes. When you order two or more kits, you automatically save 10% off of your total price (not valid in combination with other discounts/promotions).
- WHAT COMES IN THE TEST KIT – The kit comes with thorough instructions, two cheek swabs and envelope to mail out the completed swabs with US postage included.
- DO I HAVE TO EAT GLUTEN BEFORE TAKING THIS TEST? – No. Because this is a DNA test, the results are not affected by the ingestion of gluten.
- IF I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING A GLUTEN FREE DIET, WILL THIS TEST STILL BE ACCURATE? Yes. This is a genetic test, and the results are not dependent on what you have or haven’t been eating.
- DO THE CHEEK SWABS EXPIRE? No After swabbing the cheeks with swabs, the DNA is good for months as long as the swabs are put back into the paper sleeves and sealed with tape.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE RESULTS BACK? 4-5 weeks once the kit is completed and mailed.
- IS THIS LAB ACCREDITED? Yes, Gluten Free Society uses a genetics lab that is accredited – Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), #06D0888615 – College of American Pathology (CAP), #63066-01
- HOW MANY GENES ARE TESTED? 2 genes are tested. Both the HLA-DQ alpha 1 and HLA-DQ beta 1 genes are measured.
- CAN I FILE THIS TEST TO MY INSURANCE? No. This test is not covered by insurance.
- HOW IS THIS TEST DIFFERENT FROM OTHER DNA TESTS? – This test measures for all genes linked to gluten sensitivity and celiac disease. Other labs only measure for genes linked to celiac disease.