What Causes Yeast Overgrowth? The Connection to Gluten & Grains, and the power of the No Grain No Pain diet to conquer candida.
A yeast overgrowth, commonly revered to as candida or candidiasis has many causes, but one of the most common and prolific is the consumption of gluten and other grain based foods. There are several mechanisms involved in this relationship. Let’s dive in.
1. Gluten – for many leads to immunosuppression and yeast. Gluten can also alter the gut microbiome. This can lead to a yeast overgrowth, and yeast proteins have been found to mimic gluten. (more on this subject in this video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqSIikBVdI&t=5s
2. Molds – grain is high in mold and mycotoxins. Mycotoxins can suppress the immune function leading to an increased risk in developing candida overgrowth.
3. Heavy metals – many grains are high in heavy metals that disrupt immune function.
4. Excessive carbohydrates. Grains are high in carbs. Excessive carbs in the diet feed a yeast overgrowth.
5. Grain induced inflammation – leads to an elevation in cortisol, and subsequently an elevation in blood sugar. Blood sugar elevations can also contribute to candida and yeast issues.
My book, No Grain NO Pain was written to help those struggling with candida problems overcome them with the power of Diet. http://nograinnopainbook.com/
Dr. Osborne’s favorite Vitamin C powder: https://www.glutenfreesociety.org/shop/supplements/immune-support/detox-c-gluten-free-vitamin-c-detox-powder/ It's...
Nutrients and Neuropathy...Can nutritional deficiency cause neuropathy, nerve...
How many of you have ever been to...
Grab a copy of Dr. Brogan's new book,...