For Premium Gluten Free Supplements from Gluten Free...
Links from this Video on Magnesium Supplementation:
Gluten Free Magnesium Supplement Ultra Mg – https://bit.ly/2LjE14J
Ultra Cal/Mag – https://bit.ly/2VMAOQ0
In this episode of pick Dr. Osborne’s Brain, I break down everything you need to know about magnesium.
The Ultimate Crash Course on Magnesium – Energy, Deficiency Symptoms, & More
What is magnesium?
A mineral with at least 700 known functions.
Functions of Magnesium Include:
– Regulation of sex hormones, thyroid hormone, insulin, cortisol…
– Regulation of nervous system and brain chemistry through – dopamine, serotonin
– Regulation of energy production
– Regulation of muscle tone
– DNA & RNA production
– Cell membrane protection
– Protein production
– Activation of Vitamin D
How Do We Get Magnesium?
From food. Some of the best sources include:
– Green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale, chard, greens)
– Wild caught cold water fish (cod, halibut, herring, mackerel)
– Pumpkin seeds
How Is Magnesium Absorbed?
What Causes Magnesium Deficiency?
– Poor diet – lack of real food in lieu of processed foods
– High stress
– Intestinal inflammation (Gluten, food additives, pesticides)
– High sugar intake
– Medications – BCP, blood pressure medicines, antacids
– See chart
Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency
– Muscle spasms and cramps (twitching)
– Poor flexibility
– Inability to cope with stress
– Blood sugar swings
– Abnormal menstruation (PMS)
Disease Associations Linked to Magnesium Deficiency
– Heart & Vascular Diseases
o High blood pressure
o Cardiac arrhythmia
o Heart attacks and strokes
o Excessive Blood Clotting
– Neurological Diseases
o Migraine Headaches
– Musculoskeletal Diseases
– Sex hormone deficiencies (testosterone, progesterone)
– Estrogen dominance
– Constipation – IBS
What Are the Best Forms of Supplemental Magnesium?
– Mg Chloride
– Avoid Oxide
– Through the skin – Epsom salt baths, magnesium oil/lotion
How Much Magnesium is Safe to Take?
– 200-1000 mg/day is generally safe for most
– Best to ask your doctor to monitor you
Who Should Not Take Magnesium?
– Kidney failure
– Those with slow heart rates
– Those with bowel obstruction
What are The Side Effects of Too Much Magnesium?
What Lab Tests Can I Ask My Doctor to Run to Measure Magnesium?
– RBC magnesium
– Lymphocyte magnesium
– Serum magnesium
– Hair magnesium
To connect with Dr. Peter Osborne visit:
On The Web: https://drpeterosborne.com/
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This video is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. It is strictly intended for educational purposes only. Additionally, this information is not intended to replace the advice of your physician. Dr. Osborne is not a medical doctor. He does not treat or diagnose disease. He offers nutritional support to people seeking an alternative from traditional medicine. Dr. Osborne is licensed with the Pastoral Medical Association.