- May 25, 2012 at 12:47 pm #8288Peter OsborneKeymaster
Filet Mignon with Garlic Lime Marinade
Ingredients: Serves 1, Prep 5, Cook 10, Marinate 1 hr
• ¼ cup lime juice
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 teaspoons chili powder
• 4 teaspoons canola oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 filet mignon steak
1. Mix everything but the steak together and pour into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add the filet mignon, seal the bag and turn/shake to coat the steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, then remove from marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high
3. Oil the grill grate, sing an oiled rag
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking time to cook your steaks to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a ½ thick steak. 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes for a 1 ½ to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.