Need Help Repairing Leaky Gut Syndrome, Improving Immune Support, & Reducing Inflammation?
Poor immune function, inflammation, and intestinal permeability (AKA – leaky gut) are common problems for those with gluten sensitivity. How does gluten break down immune function? Let’s look at this in closer detail. The diagram below illustrates three primary mechanisms of how gluten can damage a healthy immune system:
Leaky Gut and Gastrointestinal Damage
Several years ago, researchers (including Dr. Alessio Fasano) at the University of Maryland discovered that gluten can directly cause a phenomenon known as intestinal permeability (AKA – leaky gut). This process has been shown to lead to the development of additional food allergies followed by a progression to a hyper responsive immune system – subsequently contributing to autoimmune disease.
Right behind your gut wall is a tissue called the GALT (Gastro Associated Lymphoid Tissue). Research shows that approximately 80% of your immune cells are harbored here. Once leaky gut develops, the flood gates literally open up and the GALT is bombarded with bacteria and other microorganisms, food proteins, and a number of intestinal toxins. Over time this immune assault can lead to inflammatory damage not only in the intestine, but in other tissues of the body as well.
Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies
Gluten has been shown to impact intestinal absorption, but it has also been shown to damage other organs that aid in the digestive process. The stomach, liver, gall bladder, and pancreas all aid in the proper break down of nutrients from the food we eat. Gluten induced damage to these tissues can create both vitamin and mineral deficiencies. The loss of nutrient absorption and uptake contributes to countless problems. For example, vitamin B-12 deficiency is very common for patients with gluten sensitivity. This B-vitamin plays a major role in the repair and healing of the intestine. You can see the catch 22 that nutrient deficiency plays. The gluten damaged gut needs vitamins and minerals to aid in the repair of the damage, but the existing damage is preventing the absorption of the nutrients necessary to help in the repair process. Unless addressed, it is a vicious cycle.
Altered Intestinal Bacteria
Research studies have shown the gluten can impact the type of bacteria in the intestines. Some animal research points out that this is especially true of genetically altered varieties of grain. There are a number of diseases associated with abnormal intestinal flora – SIBO, IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, and Crohn’s to name a few.
Why are the healthy bacteria important? They serve to help your body produce B-vitamins and vitamin K. They also help your immune system regulate it’s ability to communicate and regulate the inflammation process. In addition, these healthy flora help to prevent pathogenic (disease causing) micro-organisms like H. pylori, yeast, parasites, etc.
How Do You Address All of These Problems?
I developed UltraImmune IgG to address all of these problems. I have been using this formula for many years in my private practice, and have had been inundated with requests from people around the world looking for help with recovery after years of gluten induced damage. This formula is one of my secret clinical weapons and until now, I have never shared it with the public. This specialized formula delivers the following benefits:
- Binds and neutralizes foreign microbes (bacteria, parasites, etc) in the gut
- Supplies a source of natural antibodies
- Reduces G.I. inflammation
- Provides immune support through multiple mechanisms
- Supports lean muscle mass
As a matter of fact, studies have shown oral immuno-protein supplementation restores appetite, supports the body’s healthy response to inflammation and promotes improved protein metabolism under immunological stress. Oral supplementation has been shown to preserve gut wall integrity and provide intestinal humoral immunity. UltraImmune IgG also contains transferrin to help regulate and reduce the amount of free iron available to the invading foreign microbes. The levels provided by this formula are similar to the level and balance found in healthy individuals. Additionally, this special formulation contains the compounds – TGF-ß and IGF-I. These proteins are involved in the restitution of cells damaged in the digestive tract. Healthy levels of these proteins have been associated with increases in lean tissue mass (muscle and to aid in the stimulation of IgA.*
Most immune boosting products are less effective for patients with gluten sensitivity and autoimmune disease because they boost the immune system instead of supporting it. This is equivalent to trying to boost energy by taking high levels of caffeine. The end result leads to an overstimulated and overworked immune system.
- I have several allergies, what are the ingredients in this product? The only ingredients in this product are bovine colostrum derived proteins (dairy), vegetarian gel cap, stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, and magnesium stearate.
Is this product safe for celiacs? Yes it is safe for celiacs as well as those with non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- How much should I take? The standard dose is 4 capsules per day. There are no known adverse side effects.
- How does this product compare to plain colostrum? It is much more potent than colostrum. It contains 3 X more IgG, twice as much cysteine, and 15 times more transferrin.
- Does this product contain any common allergens? DOES NOT CONTAIN: Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, fish,
shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives.
- Ungar, BLP, Ward, DJ, Fayer, R, Quinn, CA. Cessation of Cryptosporidiumassociated diarrhea in an acquire immunodefi ciency syndrome patient after treatment with hyperimmune bovine colostrum. Gastroenterol. 1990:98: 486
- Weiner, C, Pan, Q, Hurtig, M, Boren, T, Boswick, E, Hammarstom, L. Passive immunity against human pathogens using bovine antibodies. Clin Exp. Immunol. 116:193-205.
- Hammarstrom V, Smith CI, Hammarstrom L. Oral immunoglobulin treatment inCampylobacter jejuni enteritis. The Lancet 1993; 341:1036
- Korhonen H, Syvaoja EL, Aloha-Luttila H et al. Bactericidal effect of bovinenormal and immune serum, colostrums and milk against Heliobacter pylori. J Appl Bacteriol. 1995;78:655-662
- Tjellstrom B, Stenhannar L, Magnusson KE, Sundqvist T. Oral Immunoglobulin treatment in Crohn’s Disease. Acta Pediatr 1997;86:221-3
- Antonio J, Sanders MS, Van Gammeren D. The effects of bovine colostrum supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in active men and women. Nutrition 2001. Mar;17(3):243-7
- Jiang R, Chang X, Stoll B, et al. Dietary plasma protein is used more efficiently than extruded soy protein for lean tissue growth in early-weaned pigs. J Nutr 2000;130:2016-9
- Weaver et al., The Effects of Bovine Ig Isolate on Diarrhea-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome in a Double-Blind Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial. Unpublished . 2005.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Adam B –
I Started taking this product about two months ago because I was constantly struggling with intestinal pain. I started taking 4 like the bottle states. After two weeks I jumped to 6 and could tell an almost immediate improvement. This supplement keeps my stomach and intestines regular, and I have even noticed an improvement in energy. I think I will try buying the powder form next time. The dose is higher, and it is a 30 day supply.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
This contains milk and I have dairy allergies so what else could you recommend in its place
(1) (1) Watch Unwatch
Admin Gluten Free Society –
We have an egg Immune product as a substitute. We are also in the process of a new formula that will be derived from beef serum. More to come on this very soon.
Donna (verified purchase) –
I am really enjoying this supplement so far. I use this along with a few other supplements to help with my leaky gut.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Alice (verified purchase) –
We were trying this product mostly to see if we avoided the flu so prevalent this season, and so far we have. So maybe it’s the reason. No colds this winter either.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Peggy (verified purchase) –
I am gluten sensitive. As a result, I suffered from autoimmune disease. I ordered UltraImmune IgG in order to bolster my immune system.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch