Sleep Well – Gluten Free Formula to Support Healthy Sleep
Lack of sleep is one of the most detrimental components to our health. In the U.S., sleep apnea, insomnia, and other sleep disorders are a major contributing factor to diseases. Lack of sleep has been linked to cancer, heart disease, obesity and weight gain, diabetes, depression, and much much more. We live in a world that can demand busy and stressful lifestyles, but it is important to remember that even going gluten free sometimes fails to help a person heal simply because they are not getting adequate rest.
Sleep well was formulated to induce the relaxation needed to support better sleep for those experiencing temporary sleeplessness.
Some of its key features include*:
- Supports Restorative Sleep
- Helps Induce Relaxation
- Supports Positive Mood
- Valerian Root Extract – this botanical has been studied for its properties of inducing sleep. It also has active components that have muscle relaxant properties.
- Jujube Seed Extract – this seed has historically been used as a sedative herb. It has been shown to reduce stress, conserve energy, and promote sleep. It is especially useful for those with symptoms of nervous exhaustion, fatigue, irritability, and the inability to sleep.
- L-Theanine – this green tea amino acid is considered a relaxant. Studies have shown it can help with stress reduction, relaxation without drowsiness, decreased nervousness from common fatigue, and reducing nervous irritability.
- Passionflower Extract – this herb is best known for its historical use as a relaxing and calming herb. Passionflower has also been shown to offer sleep benefits for adults with fluctuations in sleep quality.
- Hops Strobile Extract – this vine has been used for centuries for its relaxing properties, among other health benefits. It has been found to improve sleep quality by decreasing sleep latency and wake time through the night.
Does Not Contain: Wheat, gluten, yeast, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
Daily Use: Take two (2) capsules one hour before sleep.
Optimal Use: As directed by your health professional.
High Stress Use: As directed by your health professional.
How to Use: Can be taken with or without food. Recommended to take one hour before bedtime.
Precautions: Do not consume this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult your physician for further information.
Is this safe for children? Supplementation in children should always be monitored by their pediatrician.
Is this safe for a pregnant or nursing mother? Pregnant or nursing mothers should always consult with their health professional before supplementing.
Should this be taken at a specific time of the day? Best taken 2 hours before bedtime.
- Ebadi, M. Pharmacodynamic Basis of Herbal Medicine. Valerian for Sleep disorders. CRC Press pp. 670-681.
- Santos MS, Ferreira F et al. Synaptosomal GABA release as influenced by valerian root extract–involvement of the GABA carrier. Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther. 1994; 327(2):220- 31.
- Benke D, Barberis A, Kopp S, et al. GABA A receptors as in vivo substrate for the anxiolytic action of valerenic acid, a major constituent of valerian root extracts, Neuropharmacology. 2009 Jan;56(1):174-181.
- Kemper K. Valerian Monograph. The Longwood Herbal Task Force. Found online at: www.mcp.edu/herbal/ valerian/valerian.pdf.
- Ziegler G, Ploch M, Miettinen-Baumann A, Collet W. Efficacy and tolerability of valerian extract LI 156 compared with oxazepam in the treatment of non-organic insomnia—a randomized, double-blind, comparative clinical study. Eur J Med Res. 2002 Nov 25;7(11):480-6.
- Dhawan K, Kumar S, Sharma A. Anti-anxiety studies on extracts of Passiflora incarnata Linneaus. J Ethnopharmacol. 2001 Dec;78(2-3):165-70.
- Salgueiro JB, Ardenghi P et al. Anxiolytic natural and synthetic flavonoid ligands of the central benzodiazepine receptor have no effect on memory tasks in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1997 Dec;58(4):887-91.
- Paladini AC, Marder M et al. Flavonoids and the central nervous system: from forgotten factors to potent anxiolytic compounds. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1999 May;51(5):519-26.
- Akhondzadeh S et al. Passionflower in the treatment of generalized anxiety: a pilot double-blind randomized controlled trial with oxazepam. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2001 Oct;26(5):363-7.
- Aslanargun P, Cuvas O, Dikmen B, Aslan E, Yuksel MU. Passiflora incarnata Linneaus as an anxiolytic before spinal anesthesia. J Anesth. 2012 Feb;26(1):39-44. Epub 2011 Nov 3.
- Ngan A, Conduit R. A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) herbal tea on subjective sleep quality. Phytother Res. 2011 Aug;25(8):1153-9. Epub 2011 Feb 3.
- Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutri. 2008;17(S1):167-168.
- Draco Herbs Website: www.dracoherbs.com/wildjujube 2.htm
- Feng ZY et al. [Sedative and anticonvulsant effect of jujuboside A]. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2002 Apr;31(2):103-106.
- Shou C, Feng Z, Wang J, Zheng X. The inhibitory effects of jujuboside A on rat hippocampus in vivo and in vitro. Planta Med. 2002 Sep;68(9):799-803.
- Shou CH, Wang J, Zheng XX, Guo DW. Inhibitory effect of jujuboside A on penicillin sodium induced hyperactivity in rat hippocampal CA1 area in vitro. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2001 Nov;22(11):986-90.
- Wu SX, Zhang JX, Xu T, Li LF, Zhao SY, Lan MY. [Effects of seeds, leaves and fruits of Ziziphus spinosa and jujuboside A on central nervous system function] Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 1993 Nov;18(11):685-7, 703-4.
- Fussel A, Wolf A, Brattstrom A. Effect of a fixed valerianHop extract combination (Ze 91019) on sleep polygraphy in patients with non-organic insomnia: a pilot study. Eur J Med Res. 2000 18;5(9):383-90.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.