Ultra Prenatal - The Best Gluten Free Prenatal Vitamins Formulated to Support Pregnant and Lactating Women
Inside the womb, a developing baby’s entire food supply comes from its mother. In order to give the baby the best start in life, it is essential for mom to have optimal nutrition herself, preferably in advance of becoming pregnant. The foundation of a healthy pregnancy is a nutrient-dense diet based on whole, unprocessed foods. However, even a well-formulated diet may have shortfalls of nutrients required for healthy fetal development, which may have long-term repercussions in childhood and beyond. Ultra Prenatal gluten free prenatal vitamins are a specialty multivitamin and mineral formula designed to provide mom and baby with appropriate amounts of key nutrients during this critical time.
Some of its key benefits include*:
- Formulated to augment a healthy diet and make up for common nutrient shortfalls
- Provides nutrients in amounts to support optimal health rather than meeting the minimum requirements
- Features natural folate (not synthetic folic acid)
- Select minerals in chelated form for superior absorption and bioavailability
- Provides iodine and selenium for healthy thyroid function and fetal brain development
- Provides vitamin E isomers as tocotrienols – more powerful antioxidants than the tocopherols in most prenatal vitamins
Key ingredients include*:
- B Vitamins: required for an array of critical biochemical reactions that support healthy overall metabolism and energy production*
- Folate: required for DNA synthesis, healthy cellular growth and repair, and for proper development of the fetal neural tube, a structure that becomes the brain and spinal cord.*
- Iodine & Selenium: support healthy thyroid function and synthesis of thyroid hormones. Proper thyroid hormone levels in an expectant mother help support healthy brain and neurological development in her baby.*
- Choline: a vitamin-like nutrient essential for proper brain development and the structure of all cell membranes*
- Vitamin E isomers: provided as the tocotrienol fractions of the vitamin E complex, which are more potent than the commonly used tocopherols and have different biological effects.
- Vitamin C: provided at a level higher than the current US RDA, as the RDA was not intended to support optimum health, but rather, to prevent overt deficiency. The modern diet is generally low in vitamin C, an important antioxidant nutrient that’s also essential for a healthy immune system, collagen synthesis, and dietary iron absorption.*
- Chelated Minerals: The zinc, copper, manganese, molybdenum, chromium and iron in this product are provided as highly bioavailable chelates. Chelated minerals are easily absorbed and highly bioavailable because they bypass common obstacles to effective absorption, such as low stomach acid or compromised digestive function. The iron in this product will not result in constipation or GI upset, as is experienced with many conventional iron supplements.
- Chromium: a trace mineral that supports proper regulation of mom’s blood sugar and insulin levels, critical for a healthy pregnancy*
Suggested Serving: Take four (4) capsules per day with meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner. Can all be taken at the same time or in divided doses.
Does Not Contain: Wheat, gluten, grains, dairy, eggs, artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives.
Cautions: Consult your health care practitioner before using this product if you are taking coumadin, warfarin or other anticoagulant medications.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.