- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 15 leaves of basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon sambol chili paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (substitute coconut aminos)
- 3 limes
- 3/4 pound chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- In a soup pot over medium heat, add the stock and coconut milk. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the basil, chili paste, fish sauce, and juice of 2 of the limes.
- Add in the chicken and mushrooms and let simmer over low heat for 25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve and garnish with additional limes and basil.