- 2 Medium Butternut Squashes
- 1 Can coconut milk (Chilled)
- 1 Pinch cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Clove
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split the squash the long way and place them on a baking sheet skin side down. Drizzle with olive oil and season heavily with salt and pepper. Roast for about 45 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, toast the coconut over medium high heat until golden. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the squash out of the skin into a large bowl. Open the can of coconut and add the solids only to the bowl with the squash. Mash the squash and stir to combine. Stir in the cinnamon and clove.
- If the squash feels too thick, add a little of the liquid from the can until it gets to the right consistency.
- Put the squash into a baking dish and top with the coconut. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes until heated through.