- 1 large spaghetti squash, sliced into 1 inch rings
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plant based sour cream
- 2 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Brush the squash rings with oil and salt and lay out evenly on two large baking sheets. Bake at 400 until tender and lightly browned.
- Use a fork to separate the strands of squash from the peel and place them all on a large plate until ready to use.
- Add the bacon to a large frying pan over medium heat and cook to render the fat and crisp the bacon. about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yolks, sour cream, yeast, minced garlic, and half of the black pepper.
- You should have a lot of bacon fat in the pan, but if you feel like it is too much, you can strain some of the fat. It should be between 2 and 4 tablespoons in the pan.
- Add the squash to the pan with the bacon and bacon fat. Toss to combine and cook about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the egg yolk mixture. Stir well in the hot pan to allow the eggs to cook slightly but not curdle and form a luscious sauce on the squash.
- Serve and top with the additional black pepper and sea salt to taste.