- olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 quart store bought chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a medium sliced sauce pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add in the carrot, celery, and onion. Saute, stirring often, for about 10 minutes to soften the veggies.
- Add in the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add in the broth and chicken and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Use a fork to remove the chicken from the pot. Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces, or use the fork to shred it, depending on your preference.
- Return the chopped chicken to the pot and add in the parsley. Cook 1 minute and remove from heat. Serve.