- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs de provence
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4-6 small multicolored potatoes
- 24 green beans, trimmed
- 2 eggs
- 2 salmon filets
- 1/2 shallot, sliced thin
- 24 nicoise olives, if you can find them, if not sub kalamata
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Make the dressing - Put all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar or dressing shaker. Cover and shake well. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath. Boil the potatoes about 20 minutes until tender and transfer them to the ice bath immediately. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook about 3-5 minutes to soften slightly but retain a crispy bite. Add directly to the ice bath. Finally, add the eggs to the boiling water and cook exactly 8 minutes for a mostly hard yolk. Transfer to the ice bath.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Preheat a frying pan to medium heat. Cook the salmon for about 5 minutes per side to an internal temperature of 130 F.
- While the salmon cooks, peel the eggs and cut the potatoes into wedges. Season both with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the plates with the potatoes, green beans, eggs, tomato, shallot, and olives. Place the warm salmon right in the center of everything.
- Serve and drizzle with the dressing.