- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 (6 ounce) cod fillets
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the mango, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lemon and lime juices. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes for the flavors to marry.
- In a pot large enough to hold the fillets and with a well-fitting lid, place enough water to come half way up the fillets. Once the water begins to simmer, place the fillets in the pan and cover. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the fish just begins to flake.
- Gently remove each fillet with a slotted spatula to a paper towel to remove excess water. Place the fillets on four plates and top with salsa. Enjoy!