- 14 Ounces Frozen Shoestring French Fries (about half a bag)
- 1 Pound skirt steak (sliced thin against the grain)
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced thin)
- 2 tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers (seeds/stem removed, sliced thin)
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Inch Piece of Ginger (minced)
- 1/4 Cup Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons red vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat a frying pan over high heat with a little oil. Add in the french fries and sauté them to brown on most sides. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add in the steak. Cook about 2 minutes to brown on all sides. Remove to another plate.
- Add the onion, tomato, and jalapeno to the pan and cook about 5 minutes to char a bit on the edges. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook 1 more minute.
- Add in the tamari and vinegar and stir to cook. Add the meat back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the french fries back to the pan and stir.
- Serve and garnish with the cilantro.
- NOTE - Aji Amarillo peppers are more authentic in this dish but often hard to find, if you can find them, use in place of the jalapenos