- 1/2 pound dried chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice of 3 lemons
- olive oil
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with water so that there is at least 3 inches of water over them. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to soak on the counter overnight.
- Strain the chickpeas and add them to a pot. Cover with fresh water and bring to a simmer. Cook about 2 hours until the chickpeas are tender and creamy.
- Strain the chickpeas and add them to a high powered blender. Add in a few tablespoons of olive oil, a tablespoon of salt, the tahini paste, garlic, lemon, and honey. Blend on high until smooth.
- At first the mixture will take a bit to come together but be patient. Stop and stir occasionally, and add some more lemon juice or olive oil if you need to loosen it up a bit.
- Once it comes together, make sure to continue to blend until as smooth as possible. Taste and add more seasonings if desired, like salt, garlic, lemon, or honey.
- Serve and top with olive oil, and any spices or herbs you desire. Serve with veggies and grain free chips.