- 1 pound lean ground pork (or wild boar)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork, mustard powder, onion powder, ground sage, black pepper, and ground fennel.
- Form into 6 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (with a lid) over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the patties, leaving space between them. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove lid, flip the patties, replace the lid, and cook for another 5 minutes or until browned.