- 5 Peeled Shallots (Sliced Thin)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Pound Green Beans (Trimmed)
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili flakes
- On a frying pan over medium low heat, sauté the shallots in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook low and slow for about 30 minutes until browned and crispy.
- In a large frying pan with the other tablespoon of oil, cook the green beans on high heat for about 5 minutes to char lightly. Season heavily with salt and pepper.
- Add in the garlic and chili flakes and cook another 1 or 2 minutes to cook the garlic but avoid the garlic from browning.
- Pour the beans out onto a serving platter and top with the shallots.