- 3 slices bacon
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 beets peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 or 4 Eggs
- scallions for garnish
- Preheat a large frying pan and add in the bacon. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until crisp and the fat is rendered. Remove from pan but keep the fat in.
- Cook the beets and sweet potato in the bacon fat over medium low heat to brown and cook until tender.
- When the potatoes have about 5 minutes left, add in the peppers and onions.
- When everything is tender and browned, add the bacon back into the pan and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs the way you like them, scrambled, fried, or even poached.
- Serve the hash and top with the egg and scallions.