- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Large Turkey Legs (including thighs)
- 1 Large onion (Diced)
- 2 Ribs celery (Diced)
- 5 Cloves garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Clove
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 Sage Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large dutch oven over medium high heat, cook the legs in olive oil on both sides to lightly brown and render some of the fat. Remove from the pot.
- Add the onions and celery to the pot and cook about 10 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan as you cook. Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cider vinegar and stir 1 minute, scraping the browned bits off the pan. Add in the cider, cumin, clove, bay, and sage to the pot and stir to combine. Add the turkey back in with the skin side up. The cider should be about halfway up the turkey.
- Cover and bake for about 2 hours, then uncover and bake another 1-2 hours, adding more liquid if it gets dried out, until the turkey is tender and falling apart.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Take the turkey out and shred it, discarding the bones. Remove the bay leaves and stir the shredded turkey back into the liquid. Serve.