- HOMEMADE CHAI SPICE (Using store bought is fine too)
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 3 black peppercorns
- 5 cloves
- 8 cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or 1/2 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk
- Heat a pan on the stove and add in the whole spices (or 2 teaspoons spice blend) Toast for 4-5 min for whole spices, or 1-2 minutes for the spice blend. Pour in the water and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the tea bags and the sweetener of choice. Allow to steep for 3 minutes.
- If using the whole spices, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Pour into 2 cups.
- Warm the milk in a sauce pot or in the microwave, and use a frother or an immersion blender to froth it.
- Pour the milk and froth equally into the two glasses. Serve