- 5 Slices bacon
- 1/2 onion Diced
- 1 Whole Carrot Diced
- 1 Clove garlic Minced
- 2 Cups chicken stock
- 14 Ounces coconut milk
- 2 Peeled sweet potatoes Roughly Chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Fresh Marjoram or Oregano Chopped
- 1 Pinch salt and pepper To Taste
- Cook the bacon in a sauce pot over medium heat until cooked and crispy. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan. Allow the bacon to dry on a paper towel lined plate. If there is an excess of fat, remove some, but make sure there is about 2 tablespoons remaining.
- Add the onion and carrot to the bacon fat and cook, stirring often, until the veggies have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add in the sweet potato and herbs. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on low until the potatoes are tender enough to easily cut with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup smooth. Alternatively, you could do this in a regular blender, but allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes before blending and use a kitchen towel to hold the blender top shut. Pulse slowly at first, then blend until it comes together.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve and top with the bacon and additional herbs.