- Vitamin C – has many immune boosting properties, but is distinctively beneficial for individuals with seasonal discomfort because of its ability to deactivate histamine.
- Quercetin Dihydrate – biologically active flavonoid antioxidant that is widely distributed in plants including oak trees, onions and tea; Quercetin has strong antioxidant activity and has been shown to support immune health by mediating the release of inflammatory compounds.
- Stinging Nettle (leaves) – Urtica dioica, is a plant that has been shown to balance immune response, specifically in the airways and nasal passages; it controls mast-cell degranulation, prostaglandin formation, and histamine action all contributing to a balanced inflammatory response.
- Bromelain (from pineapple) – proteolytic enzyme that aids in in the breakdown of large protein complexes, including antigenic compounds, and has been shown to enhance the absorption of quercetin; shown to reduce circulating allergenic protein complexes associated with hyper-immune sensitivity and seasonal discomfort.
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine – (NAC) helps reduce the viscosity of the mucus allowing for clearing of the airways and improved respiratory health.
Does Not Contain: Wheat, gluten, soy, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
(as Ascorbic Acid USP))
(as Ascorbic Acid USP))
Stinging Nettle (Leaves)
Bromelain (2,400 GDU/g)
Other Ingredients: Natural Vegetable Capsules, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, and Stearic Acid.
How to use
Daily Use:Take two (2) capsules per day
Optimal Use:Take four (4) capsules per day, in divided doses
High Stress Use:Take (6) capsules per day, in divided doses
How to Use:Capsules can be taken with or without food. Contents may be removed from the capsule and taken by spoon immediately after mixing with a small amount of tepid water.
Safe over the age of 12, supplementation in children should be monitored by their pediatrician.
Yes, but pregnant or nursing mothers should always consult with their health professional before supplementing.
Can be taken at any time of the day
- Della Loggia R, Ragazzi E, Tubaro A, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of benzopyrones that are inhibitors of cyco- and lipo-oxygenase. Pharmacol Res Commun 1988;20:91-94.
- Kim HP, Mani I, Iversen L, Ziboh VA. Effects of naturally-occurring flavonoids and bioflavonoids on epidermal cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase from guinea pigs. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 1998; 58:17-24.
- Otsuka H, Inaba M, Fujikura T, Kunitomo M. Histochemical and functional characteristics of metachromatic cells in the nasal epithelium in allergic rhinitis: studies of nasal scrapings and their dispersed cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1995;96(4):528-36.
- Mittman P. Randomized, double-blind study of freeze-dried Urtica dioica in the treatment of allergic rhinitis. Planta Med 1990; 56:44-47.
- Obertreis, B. et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of Urtica dioica folia extract in comparison to caffeic malic acid. Arzneimittelforschung 1996; 46(1): 52-56.
- Shoskes DA, Zeitlin SI, Shahed A, Rajfer J. Quercetin in men with category III chronic prostatitis: a preliminary prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Urology 1999; 54(6): 960-3.
- Cichoke AJ. The Complete Book of Enzyme Therapy.(1999). Garden City Park, NY: Avery Publishing Group.
- Yim CY, et al. Use of N-acetyl cysteine to increase intracellular glutathione during the induction of antitumor responses by IL-2. J Immul 1994;152:5796-5805.
- Ziment, I. Acetylcysteine: a drug that is much more than a mucokinetic. Biomed Pharmacother 1988; 42(8):513-519.
- Millar, A.B. et.al. Effect of oral N-Acetyl Cysteine on mucus clearing. Br J Dis Chest 1985; 79: 262-266.
- Bland JS, Costarella L, Levin B, et al. Clinical Nutrition: A Functional Approach. Second Edition. (2004). Gig Harbor, WA: Institute of Functional Medicine.
- Johnston CS. The antihistamine action of ascorbic acid. Subcell Biochem 1996;25:189-213.
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
0 reviews with a 1-star rating
There are no reviews with a 1-star rating yet