Nearly 70% of the immune system is associated with the gastrointestinal (GI) tract through synergistic interactions with various bacteria colonies (flora) that reside in our GI tract to maintain its health and function. Imbalances in this gut flora—either an absence of beneficial bacteria or an overgrowth of unhealthy organisms—can interfere with our quest for optimal health. Abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, and a struggling immune system are some common outcomes of imbalanced gut flora. We are bombarded daily with antibiotics in our water, in our food, and in medications.
This overutilization has contributed to a wide array of gastrointestinal problems, from IBS, SIBO, IBD, and autoimmune problems. The microbiome is considered by scientists to be an essential component to overall good health. Probiotics are naturally-occurring friendly bacteria that enhance the microbiome.
Biotic Defense includes 10 strains of bacteria, totaling 50 billion CFU’s per capsule. The strains in this probiotic were selected to support those with celiac disease and gluten sensitivity, and encourage healthy and timely elimination by acting as a natural stool softener, further encouraging a more complete digestion.
Biotic Defense is useful for:
- Digestive health*
- Supporting healthy elimination*
- Boosting immunity*
- Rebalancing gut flora*
- Recolonizing good microbes after antibiotic therapy*
Biotic Defense, Our Gluten Free Probiotic
Gluten free probiotics support digestive health by aiding equilibrium in intestinal bacteria. Some individuals diagnosed with Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance might even see improvement in their symptoms with consistent consumption of gluten free probiotics. These products target harmful gluten and can ease the painful effects gluten may have on the intestinal walls.
Can Probiotics Help With Gluten Intolerance?
A consistent gluten free diet is the most recommended treatment for individuals with Celiac Disease or a gluten sensitivity. While probiotics can target certain areas of the body and ease symptoms caused by gluten, they cannot completely treat gluten intolerance alone. Biotic Defense, our gluten free probiotic, can aid in the breakdown and destruction of gluten that may have been inadvertently ingested.
Certain harmless bacteria strains found in probiotics, may reduce the toxic effects of gluten in an individual with Celiac’s Disease or gluten sensitivity. The combination of a gluten free diet with gluten free probiotics is the best approach in combating symptoms of gluten intolerance and Celiac Disease.
Can Anyone Take Probiotics?
Sometimes the levels of beneficial bacteria in the gut can decrease due to aging or treatment with prescription antibiotics. You can help lift your intestinal flora to healthy levels with probiotic supplements.
Probiotics aid in common digestive complaints, including intestinal discomfort, diarrhea, cramping, bloating, and gas. Per any new dietary supplement you should consult your physician before adding probiotics to your diet. It is important to check with your doctor if the current medicine you are taking will have positive effects when mixed with probiotics. You should never take probiotics if it will cause a negative interaction with your current prescription.
- Bifidobacterium lactis – Supports gut health & immunity
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – Supports immune health & proper elimination; helps maintain proper gut flora
- Lactobacillus plantarum – Supports digestive health & proper elimination
- Lactobacillus casei – Supports proper systemic & mucosal (GI lining) immune responses
- Bifidobacterium breve – Supports bowel function & proper elimination
- Bifidobacterium bifidum – Supports bowel health & proper elimination
- Bifidobacterium longum – Supports immunity; maintains normal function of gut flora
- Lactobacillus salivarius – Supports gut & oral health
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus – Supports immunity; helps maintain proper gut flora
- Lactobacillus paracasei – Supports healthy gut flora & immunity, especially following antibiotic therapy
Does Not Contain: Gluten, Grains, Dairy, Soy, MSG, Fillers, Preservatives, or Hidden Ingredients. This is an all active formula, 100% vegetable sourced. Safe for vegetarians.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.