Thanksgiving Bread (Stuffing below)
This delicious bread recipe was presented at the “How To Navigate the Holidays and Stay on a Gluten Free Diet” meeting by Rhonda Topping. Make sure you scroll all the way down to the bottom to see how to make stuffing. Thanks Rhonda! You continue to inspire us all in the kitchen 🙂
- 4 Egg Whites
- 4 Pastured Eggs
- 4 T. Walnut Oil
- 1 T. Raw Organic Honey (optional, not needed for the dressing)
- 1-2 Tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 3 Tsp. Hain Featherweight Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Arrowroot Flour
- 1 Cup Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 T. Chia Seeds (optional)
- Palm Shortening (to grease the bread pan)
Mix wet ingredients. I like to beat my eggs well in a processor. Add in dry ingredients and continue to process until all is well mixed together. Grease a glass baking dish with Palm Shortening. Bake in a 350 oven for 35-45 minutes.
* If you have never made a grain free bread, be aware that it does not rise like gluten filled breads. A slice of grain free bread is half the size of a regular slice of bread.
*Bread made with honey will have a darker crust than bread made without honey
Grain Free Dressing
To make the dressing, you will need to slice the bread and dry the slices. I like to use a dehydrator. Bread should be hard in 5-6 hours. I prepare my bread the day before.
- Dried Bread slices from 1 loaf Fluffy Grain Free Bread
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Pastured raised Turkey insides
- 1 Medium to Large Onion- chopped
- 2-3 Organic Celery Stalks- chopped
- 3-4 Organic Whole Mushrooms- chopped
- 4 Boiled Pastured Eggs
- Himalayan Salt
- Stock from Turkey, Chicken, or Vegetable Broth
Crumble or cut into squares the dried bread into a glass baking dish. Set aside. In a small skillet add about a tablespoon of coconut oil. Stir fry all the insides from the turkey (heart, liver, gizzards) Chop into small pieces. In a bowl mix your chopped onion, diced celery, diced mushroom, chopped eggs and turkey chopped insides. Season with salt, pepper and sage.
Mix all the chopped goodies with the crumbled bread in the baking dish. Pour stock from your turkey over all the mixture. You want it all moist. (I am sorry I do not have a measurement on this yet. I will pay close attention when I make my dressing this year. ) Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes until top is toasty brown. Remove from oven and stir, bringing bread on the bottom to the top. Make sure it is moist enough. If not add more stock. Return to oven toasting bread on top. Check at about 10 minutes. Stir and repeat if needed.
Need More TRUE Gluten Free Recipe Ideas?
Click here to check out 173 gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free recipe ideas.
You can also sign up for our free email newsletter below or follow our recipes on youtube…